Anyways, have you seen---
I love the song but isn't the music video a bit too Lady Gaga???
"You guys and gals have no idea how difficult Robert is. I am only an intern. My last day is tomorrow. I wouldn’t be tweeting this if not!"
"I was asked to do this until we found a replacement… I hate this job. Hope they find someone soon. Robert is so picky! We have presented him with 50 people. He’s not happy."
"Good luck! I pray for you all. If you get the job! I’m out of here. See ya! Don’t want to be ya! Roberts a tyrant! Seriously! He is tough!"
"I can call him out! I’m out! Won’t work in this town again! I know that! Learned a lot. But, I don’t have the energy for what is expected!"
"Yea, walk in my MJ shoes! Don’t judge me! I’m alone in this office having to try and entertain you all. This isn’t easy. I have tried. Done!"Hmm... What can I say??? Well I feel sorry that the intern had it rough but what a pretty CLASSLESS way to exit!!! I mean even if things might have been difficult I'm sure he/she learned and experienced a lot of invaluable "things" from working in such a huge fashion brand. Others would have killed for the spot and am sure would have been more grateful for the opportunity...
The US$1,000,000,000 tax evasion case has caused trouble in paradise!!! Oh say it isn’t so! The Italian Revenue Service is accusing designing duo Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana of purposely not paying taxes they purportedly owe the Italian Government from the 2004 sale of their clothing company to Gado, Luxembourg-based company which prosecutors are accusing them of owning…
The sale of the company to Gado resulted to the two paying much lower taxes in Luxembourg than what they would have paid for in Italy. The duo however remain quiet aside from the press statement they released in WWD last year completely denying the whole thing…
The two contend that one does not have to pay taxes for an amount they never received. And they say that the calculations of the Italian Revenue Service is absurd. They maintain that they did not under value their company (as they are accused) and that it was rightfully worth €360 million or US$508 million at the time it was sold.
Whichever way the ball rolls I just hope that the designing duo get through this predicament because I simply love their work…
Ok I haven’t done this in a while and I fear that shoe addicts out there might go into withdrawal if I don’t do it soon… So I present to you some mighty fine shoes I came across and I am telling you they are BEAUTIFUL!!!
Santoni S.P.A. is an Italian luxury leather shoe maker established by Andrea and Rosa Santoni in 1975. The company prides itself with the creation of high quality men’s shoes that proved so successful that they branched out to do women’s shoes, children’s shoes and leather accessories as well…
The quality of their shoes is almost unparalleled because of the passionate care given to each step of the shoe making process, from the creation of the wooden formers, the genesis of the article, the manual cutting of the leather, the hand stitching, continuing through to the polishing and thorough final inspection…
They also make sure to only use the best materials available. They even use fine leathers for the whole insole of the shoe…
All of these careful steps come into fruitition in the form of the PERFECT SHOE…
Limited Edition Collection
I love their Panama Series. Can’t you just see yourself strolling around somewhere in Cabo, the Caribbean’s or even Havana?
Two shoes for the price of one!!!
Elizabeth Taylor (February 27, 1932 – March 23, 2011)
This is truly sad as the world bids adieu to the legendary screen actress who died at the age of 79 from congestive heart failure. Some remember her for her violet eyes and double lashes, Some people remember her for being the first actress to be paid US$1,000,000 for a single film, some remember her for her Oscar winning performances for Butterfield 8 and Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?, Some remember her for her EIGHT MARRIAGES as well as for her ninth lover Jason Winters. But ME? I personally remember her for the Taylor-Burton, the Krupp and the Ice Skating Rink…
Her passing is sad but personally what more can a person ask for??? She lived a well fulfilling life. She has both loved and been loved. She has had four children, ten grandchildren, and four great-grandchildren. She formed such strong friendships that helped change the world. She has touched many lives by building schools in Africa during her heydays to establishing the American Foundation for AIDS Research and the Elizabeth Taylor AIDS Foundation. She has had a career which others can only dream of. And to top it all off she was a Dame of the British Empire…
LIZ… may you rest in peace…
1. Ugh! Just came from the Pulmonologist. My Bronchitis has gotten worse and is now an Acute Lung Infection. I have been put on another slew of prescription meds and the worse the steroid I am taking has made me gain water weight. Now I feel like Mrs. Tea Cup all full with water. And not only that some of my medications are making me groggy…
2. Just finished sourcing out jewelry as a favor. I saw some mighty fine pieces which I forgot to take pictures again (darn it!). But don’t worry I promise to take pictures next time! Also finally bought some denim but I also made an unplanned purchase of a denim jacket. Now what to wear with it? Well it is generally advised to wear it with denim pants of somewhat the same hue. Come to think of it just goes to show you how fashion changes. Remember when Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake were ostracized for wearing head to toe denim? Well matching top and bottom denim is now it’s a fashion do! But now another problem… I’ve got to look for denim pants to go with my denim jacket!
3. Remember the WRONG blue checkered shirt that Hilfiger sent me. Well I couldn't bare it. I hate looking at things I don't like so I gave it away...
4. Casey Abrams in the bottom three!!! Say it isn’t so! He was the one who was supposed to leave American Idol but thank God the judges decided to save him!!!
Casey Abrams... Top 11...
Personally I prefer GQ Germany’s version… It was more “Ken like”. I swear if it wasn’t Kim Bum on the photos it would look as if some random model just decided to pose for the camera. To sum it up this only proves that the original is always the better!!!
6. Quick! Giselle looks too indecent somebody grab a Burqa!!!
Can you imagine that? Models strutting down the runway with only their eyes visible???
Well that’s sorta what I had in mind when Gulf countries deemed Gisele Bündchen’s SS11 campaign for H&M “improperly clad”… Hmmm well I’m all for respecting religion and culture but if showing your shoulder or even “worse” your pits is deemed too
sluty revealing then why don’t we just let the Burqas rain!!!
Photoshopped pictures of Gisele Bündchen’s H&M SS11 campaign...
7. I came across this in YouTube. It’s the scene from the Ellen DeGeneres Show wherein Ellen, James Blunt and Justin Beiber are trying to guess how Lady Gaga’s “Born This Way” would sound like. FYI this was way before she released it. It’s so funny!
8. Quote of the Week:
"My preferred style? To live somewhere hot enough that it doesn't matter."
- Sean O’Pry
That was according to Forbes’ Most Successful Male Model Sean O’Pry. Well if its heat he’s looking for then he’ll get! Hop on a plane and fly here to our Little Islands where every day is practically 30°C or 86°F out. It’s so hot few people bother to dress to impress. Grab a t-shirt and put on some denim and you’re good to go!!!
9. Remember on my previous post when I was wondering if there were any Filipino designers included in Men’s Fashion Week Asia lineup? Well turnout there are. First is Jerome Lorico, the grand prize winner of the 48th Japan Fashion Design Contest. The second one is Joey Samson and judging by the sneak peek he gave us of his collection it looks like it’s gonna be a good one…
These are my favorites from Joey Samson's Collection.
(Sorry for the crappy quality I only grabbed them from the newspaper.)
(For those interested in purchasing tickets for the Men's Fashion Week Asia lineup tickets are available here)
10. I just saw this... It is so cute!!!
*Photos courtesy of GQ Korea, Fashionista, Gap and Philippine Star.
1. Woohooo! The first package from Ralph Lauren and Tommy Hilfiger arrived yesterday! And to my relief they actually fit although I will still have them altered to be brought in around the body and to decrease the width of the sleeves. But more importantly the sweater fits fine! Just a tad bit allowance on the body but I can live with that plus it only makes me look skinnier! And that’s always a plus right??? Well the bad news??? One of the shirts that Hilfiger sent me was WRONG. I ordered this prepster style plaid shirt but they sent me this blue checkered shirt which isn’t really my style. Well anyways I will just learn to live with it since sending it back would be pointless since it took a month before it arrived here and would also probably take another month if I do ship it back.
This is just the first batch of packages and I am still waiting for the second one but I believe that it will arrive by next month. Good thing the second shipment is from Ralph Lauren and NOT Hilfiger…
2. As promised I went back to my antiques dealer to take a picture (albeit a stolen one) of the carved ivory piece I’ve been raving about. Looks like I was mistaken by my estimation the other day because turns out it isn’t even three inches it’s more of two and half inches. So that would be US$1145 for a TWO AND A HALF INCH piece--- doesn’t that price sound even more
ridiculous amazing as the piece gets smaller???
I am secretly wishing that it wouldn’t sell and that the consignor would be in desperate need of money so that I can offer US$300 for it--- haha MEAN!
3. Yesterday I was at the mall this time looking for some denim that is somewhat slim, low waist and dark in color but it proved to be very hard to find just the right one. So that mission was a total fail. But I did come across this art gallery where they offered carved sandstone panels and I fell in love with these set of sandstone panels with a Chinese concubine theme. But again beauty comes at a price and this time to the tune of US$1962!!!
This is my attempt at taking a picture secretly because here in the third world if you take pictures of shops they might mistake you for a gangster planning a heist. LOL
4. Kate Walsh said in a recent interview with More Magazine that she “Feels like a loser” for not having kids. But hey don’t hate on “not planning to have any children” people like me. Personally I have no plans on having children in the future heck I don’t even plan on getting married! When I first told my parents that they abhorred the idea and even gave me a lecture on why it is important to have diploid clones of yourself in the future. But to each his own and after a while they have gone to accept my choice.
In fact I told them that I just plan on having lots of dogs and that it would be stipulated in my will that my dogs would be the heirs to my estate and if ever I predecease them that guardianship would pass to my siblings. Thus giving them control over my estate but if the dogs die of “unnatural causes” meaning SOMEONE MURDERS THEM then my estate would be donated to the government. LOL
5. Casey Abrams FOR THE WIN!!!
Casey Abrams... Top 12...
6. Money Maker/Druggy/Porn Dad Charlie Sheen is said to be in talks with CBS for his return in “Two and A Half Men”. And show insiders have said that there is an eighty percent chance that he will be back. This just goes to show that despite being a crazed “warlock/troll” Charlie Sheen is still WINNING!!!
7. This is Anna Wintour on the cover of WSJ Magazine. You see that amethyst, aquamarine and citrine neckpiece? I believe it is one of her favorites as I have seen her in a multitude of pictures wearing the same piece. But if Rachel Zoe is to be believed wearing such a piece is a FASHION NO-NO! as it has “too many colors”--- well at least that’s what she said to Brad Goreski in one of the episodes of The Rachel Zoe Project.
So the million dollar question is--- who are we to believe Fashion Doyenne Anna Wintour? Or Hollywood’s MOST POWERFUL STYLIST Rachel Zoe? You be the judge. But personally I’m with “Nuclear Wintour” in this one…
8. Hedi Slimane of Former Dior Homme fame and Godfather of Manorexics
including moi the world over has praised the frail gaunt frame once again. He said in an interview with Women’s Wear Daily that “we should drop…” the athletic, lean and youthful male figure as they can forget about looking fashionable unless they want to look like Chippendales dancers. MANOREXIA FOR THE WIN!!!
9. Panasonic Lumix DMX-FP7, with the ability to erase wrinkles, whiten teeth and gives you rosy cheeks and make-up--- FAIL!!!
I don’t even have to describe it just take a look at the pictures…
Seriously is anyone going to buy this??? Well I’m a believer in free choice and all but be warned… you might end up being mistaken as a waxed up Barbie at MADAME TUSSAUD’S!!!
10. In even bigger news Michael Lohan has been arrested for felony domestic violence!!!
Where’s that button again???
Ah here it is…
Since when did Michael Lohan become a celebrity and more importantly since when did people start caring???
*Photos courtesy of WSJ Magazine and StyleList.